Saturday, January 13, 2007

Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

UNDERSTANDING GOD


Verse 10.01

Lord Krishna said:

O Arjuna, listen once again in the interest of your own welfare.

Verse 10.02-10-09

I am the origin of all celestial controllers and great sages. I am the unborn, the beginningless, and the Supreme Lord of the universe. I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The great saints, sages, and all the creatures of the world were born from My potential energy. I am the origin of all. Everything emanates from Me. The wise ones who understand this adore Me with love and devotion. One who truly understands My manifestations and yogic powers is united with Me by unswerving devotion. My devotees remain ever content and delighted. Their minds remain absorbed in Me, and their lives surrendered unto Me. They always enlighten each other by talking about Me.

Verse 10.10-13

I no doubt reside in the hearts of every one. But only a few elevate my presence in them by uniting themselves with me. To those who adore me, I destroy their darkness, give them true knowledge, decorate their inner consciousness and give them understanding by which they can come to me.

Arjuna said:

You yourself are declaring to me that You are the Supreme Being, the Supreme Abode, the Supreme Purifier, the Eternal Being, the primal God, the unborn, and the omnipresent.

Verse 10.14-18

I believe all that You have told me to be true and you are the Creator and Lord of all beings, God of all celestial rulers, the Supreme person, and Lord of the universe.

Please tell me how I can know you by constant contemplation and in what form are You to be thought of by me? Please tell me your power, your glory, etc.

Verse 10.19-39

Lord Krishna said:

O Arjuna, My manifestations are endless.

I am also the creator, maintainer, and destroyer or the beginning, the middle, and the end of all beings.

I am Lord Shiva, I am the god of wealth, I am the fire god I am the radiant sun, the sustainer. I am the controller of wind, I am the moon. I am the water-god, and the manes. I am the controller of death. I am the celestial rulers. I am the seven goddesses or guardian angels presiding over the seven qualities fame, prosperity, speech, memory, intellect, resolve, and forgiveness.

I am the Vedas, I am the monosyllable cosmic sound, OM, among the words; I am the chanting of mantra among the spiritual disciplines

I am the mountains. I am the ocean.

I am the Supreme Spirit / soul abiding in the inner psyche of all beings. I am the mind among the senses, I am the consciousness in living beings.

I am the Narada among the sages. I am the Vajra among the weapons. I am the Himalaya amount mountains. I am the Margasirsha among the months. I am the Ganges among the rivers. I am the holy fig tree among the trees. I am the lion among the animals. I am the Garuda among the birds. I am the king among the men. I am the letter “A” among all the alphabets. I am the splendor of the splendid; victory of the victorious; resolution of the resolute; and goodness of the good. I am silence among the secrets, and the Self-knowledge of the knowledgeable.

I am the endless time. I am the sustainer, and I am omniscient. I am the beginning, the middle, and the end of all creation. I am the origin of all beings, I am the time or death and I am also the origin of future beings. I am Krishna, Vyasa, Arjuna and the power of all rulers. There is nothing, animate or inanimate, that can exist without Me.

Verse 10.40-42

There is no end of My divine manifestations, O Arjuna and this is only a brief description by Me of the extent of My divine manifestations. Whatever is endowed with glory, brilliance, and power; know that to be a manifestation of a very small fraction of My splendor. I remain sustaining this whole creation in a special way with part (of Myself).

No comments: